- Want to let your child work on her spatial ability?
- Let her analyse what she sees? Perceive how the parts make up the whole? Rotate the geometric shapes in the mind?
What’s here for you
Check out Block Builder:
Suitable Age Range:
- From about age 3 onwards
- 14 pieces of wooden blocks:
- 2 x cubes
- 2 x short cylinders
- 2 x long cylinders
- 1 x arch
- 1 x semi-circular based prism
- 2 x small triangular-based prisms
- 1 x large triangular based prism
- 2 x square based prisms
- 1 x rectangular based prisms)
- 1 guide book (for structured play)
- 14 pieces of wooden blocks:
- Approximate size of smallest blocks: cube (3cm per side), cylinder (3cm diameter)
- Published by Learning Age International (Original product direct from Taiwan)
How to Use (Montessori Approach):
- Free play (about 3 years old onwards):
- Place a few blocks on a tray.
- Let the child build freely.
- When the child is able to build carefully, then offer him more blocks.
- Structured play (about 3 years old onwards or when the child is ready):
- Refer to the first structure from the booklet.
- Place the needed blocks on a tray.
- Demonstrate to the child how to use the blocks to build the structure.
- Remove the blocks from the structure carefully, and place them back onto the tray.
- Invite the child to try.
- If the child is successful, demonstrate the next structure in the same or next session.
Close Up View:
Guide book and blocks…
My younger kids, 3+ years old Jae and 1+ year old El, play with this set. Since they’re still young, I let them create freely with the blocks. I’d name the shapes based on what we learnt from our Montessori geometric solids. (You may refer to the names of the shapes under “Description”.) This set reinforces what they learnt previously.
I like that the size is suitable for little hands to grasp properly. Also, the smallest pieces are still big enough (3cm per side) for El to play under supervision.
El likes to stack the pieces, while Jae uses them to build simple houses.
I can also build a simple structure and ask Jae to copy it. Soon, he can move to using the guide book for structured play.
The wood is unfinished. To keep it free from mildew, it needs to be stored in a well-ventilated place. Since my home is very humid, I bought child-safe wood polishing spray from a hardware shop. This spray is very useful for cleaning our wooden learning materials and toys.
We truly enjoy this Block Builder set.
- Free delivery via registered mail to Singapore and West Malaysia
- PayPal / credit cards fees absorbed
Current discounted price: S$37 (whilst stocks last)
These are ready stocks, to be sent out from Singapore and Malaysia. Very limited number of sets are available.
(Update on 14 Mar 2015: Stocks in Singapore & Malaysia sold out.)
Orders are fulfilled on a first-paid-first-served basis. Once this batch of stock runs out, I may not replenish it if the latest cost price is too high. To secure your set, click the order button below now.
How to buy
These are the easy steps:
- Click the huge “Order Now” button
- Enter your name, email and preferred login details. In future, you may login to Owlissimo.com to download your printables.
- Click “Buy” (doesn’t matter whether you’ve PayPal)
- Choose payment via PayPal or credit / debit card. Complete payment.
- Click “Return to Owlissimo”
From Singapore: We’re currently unable to send directly to a Singapore address. To get around this, many parents have gotten their materials by providing their friend’s address & contact number from Malaysia Johor, Malacca, KL, Ipoh, Penang, etc. (Many Malaysians who work in Singapore travel back to their hometown often. Just ask around.)
From West Malaysia: Please order 3 items and above for an affordable shipping top-up (estimated at S$5 per item). These items are wonderful birthday presents for friends’ / relatives’ children.
From other countries: Please order 3 items and above for an affordable shipping top-up.
Click the green button below to get a shipping quote:
“You have been such a great blessing to the mummies who are interested in right-brain training. Thank you for all your sharing. Looking forward to more great things to come.”
P.S. This Block Builder is great for both free and structured play to help enhance spatial ability.
P.P.S. After completing your order, click to return to Owlissimo.
Need help with your order? Contact me here.