- Want to build a foundation for math and geometry?
- Let him analyse what he sees? Perceive how the parts make up the whole? Combine simple shapes to build a picture?
What’s here for you
Check out Fun Shape:
Suitable Age Range:
- From about age 3 onwards
- 4 coloured sets of geometric shapes (foam with magnetic backing)
- 1 magnetic board
- 1 set of reference cards (for structured play)
- 1 guide book (for structured play)
- Approximate size of smallest piece: circle (2cm per side)
- Published by Learning Age International (Original product direct from Taiwan)
How to Use (Montessori Approach):
- Free play (about 3 years old onwards):
- Place a few shapes on a tray.
- Let the child build freely.
- When the child is able to build carefully, then offer him more pieces.
- Structured play (about 3 years old onwards or when the child is ready):
- Prepare a big tray and 4 bowls.
- Place the shapes into the bowls (sorted by shapes)
- Refer to the first pattern from the booklet.
- Demonstrate to the child how to use the pieces to build the pattern.
- Remove the pieces from the pattern carefully, and place them back into the respective bowls.
- Invite the child to try.
- If the child is successful, demonstrate the next pattern in the same or next session.
Close Up View:
Guide book, magnetic board, cards and coloured magnetic shapes…
From about 3 years old, Jae started working with Fun Shape. He loves it and would try to solve many patterns at one go.
Even 5+-year old Vee enjoyed it for a while.
This set helps to reinforce their understanding of 2D shapes from out Montessori materials.
The Fun Shape set helps to build a foundation in geometry.
- Free delivery via registered mail to Singapore and West Malaysia
- PayPal / credit cards fees absorbed
Current discounted price: S$37 (whilst stocks last)
These are ready stocks, to be sent out from Singapore and Malaysia. Very limited number of sets are available.
(Update on 12 Mar 2015: Singapore & Malaysia stocks sold out)
Orders are fulfilled on a first-paid-first-served basis. Once this batch of stock runs out, I may not replenish it if the latest cost price is too high. To secure your set, click the order button below now.
How to buy
These are the easy steps:
- Click the huge “Order Now” button
- Enter your name, email and preferred login details. In future, you may login to Owlissimo.com to download your printables.
- Click “Buy” (doesn’t matter whether you’ve PayPal)
- Choose payment via PayPal or credit / debit card. Complete payment.
- Click “Return to Owlissimo”
Get your Fun Shape set now
From Singapore: We’re currently unable to send directly to a Singapore address. To get around this, many parents have gotten their materials by providing their friend’s address & contact number from Malaysia Johor, Malacca, KL, Ipoh, Penang, etc. (Many Malaysians who work in Singapore travel back to their hometown often. Just ask around.)
From West Malaysia: Please order 3 items and above for an affordable shipping top-up (estimated at S$5 per item). These items are wonderful birthday presents for friends’ / relatives’ children.
From other countries: Please order 3 items and above for an affordable shipping top-up.
Click the green button below to get a shipping quote:
“You have been such a great blessing to the mummies who are interested in right-brain training. Thank you for all your sharing. Looking forward to more great things to come.”
P.S. This Block Builder is great for both free and structured play to help enhance spatial ability.
P.P.S. After completing your order, click to return to Owlissimo.
Need help with your order? Contact me here.