- Want to let your child work on her fine motor skills?
- Let her build her three-finger grasp and hand-eye coordination?
- So that she can write more easily in future?
What’s here for you
Check out Board Threading:
Suitable Age Range:
- From about age 3 onwards
- 1 wooden pegboard (7 holes x 7 holes)
- 50 wooden pegs:
- 25 x pink
- 25 x yellow
- 8 coloured laces
- 1 guide book (for structured play)
- Approximate size of peg: ???cm diameter, ???cm height
- Published by Learning Age International (Original product direct from Taiwan)
How to Use (Montessori Approach):
- Patterning (about 3 years old onwards):
- Prepare a tray and 2 bowls.
- Place the pink pegs in one bowl, and yellow pegs in the other bowl.
- Place the peg board on the tray.
- Demonstrate by fitting a pink peg into the first hole, a yellow peg into the next, and continue until all the holes are filled up. Work from left to right, then move on to the next row.
- Mention that there is 1 extra peg left in the bowl.
- Admire your work.
- Then remove the pegs one by one carefully, putting them gently back into their respective bowls.
- Invite the child to try.
- Structured play (about 3 years old onwards or when the child is ready):
- Refer to the first pattern from the guide book.
- Demonstrate to the child how to complete the pattern.
- Remove the pegs / laces from the peg board carefully, and place them back onto the tray.
- Invite the child to try.
- If the child is successful, demonstrate the next structure in the same or next session.
- Free play (about 3 years old onwards or when the child is ready):
- Place the peg board, pegs and laces neatly on a tray with bowls.
- Let the child create freely with the materials.
Close Up View:
Guide book, pegs and laces…
My second child, 3+ years old Jae, plays with this set. The pegs are a choking hazard, so I keep them out of reach from little El.
I’ve been searching for an affordable peg board set, and was elated to find this.
Jae is in the pre-writing stage, so this activity is great for strengthening in three-finger grasp — by holding the pegs and laces.
When we first started, he was still too young to follow the guide book. So I showed him patterning, as described in “How to Use”. He loves it!
Sometimes, he threads the lace through the board. Though overall, he enjoys using the pegs much more.
We love this Board Threading set.
- Free delivery via registered mail to Singapore and West Malaysia
- PayPal / credit cards fees absorbed
Current discounted price: S$37 (whilst stocks last)
These are ready stocks, to be sent out from Singapore and Malaysia. Very limited number of sets are available.
(Update on 11 Mar 2015: both Singapore & Malaysia stocks sold out)
Orders are fulfilled on a first-paid-first-served basis. Once this batch of stock runs out, I may not replenish it if the latest cost price is too high. To secure your set, click the order button below now.
How to buy
These are the easy steps:
- Click the huge “Order Now” button
- Enter your name, email and preferred login details. In future, you may login to Owlissimo.com to download your printables.
- Click “Buy” (doesn’t matter whether you’ve PayPal)
- Choose payment via PayPal or credit / debit card. Complete payment.
- Click “Return to Owlissimo”
Get your Board Threading set now
From Singapore: We’re currently unable to send directly to a Singapore address. To get around this, many parents have gotten their materials by providing their friend’s address & contact number from Malaysia Johor, Malacca, KL, Ipoh, Penang, etc. (Many Malaysians who work in Singapore travel back to their hometown often. Just ask around.)
From West Malaysia: Please order 3 items and above for an affordable shipping top-up (estimated at S$5 per item). These items are wonderful birthday presents for friends’ / relatives’ children.
From other countries: Please order 3 items and above for an affordable shipping top-up.
Click the green button below to get a shipping quote:
“You have been such a great blessing to the mummies who are interested in right-brain training. Thank you for all your sharing. Looking forward to more great things to come.”
P.S. This Block Builder is great for both free and structured play to help enhance spatial ability.
P.P.S. After completing your order, click to return to Owlissimo.
Need help with your order? Contact me here.